Border Crossing
DeWitt Carter Public School

DeWitt Carter Public School



DeWitt Carter Public School

Contact At:


435 Fares Street
Port Colborne
ON,
L3K 1X4,1

  905 834 7440




DeWitt Carter Public School:

In 1912, the School Board built a four room brick school on Fares Street to service students on the East side of the canal in Port Colborne. It was called the East Side School. It was used as both a public school and a high school until 1921 when Port Colborne High School was completed.  The school had additions added to it in 1919, 1924, 1929, and in 1974-75 the office and gymnasium were built.  The school was renamed DeWitt Carter Public School in 1950 in honour of Mr. DeWitt Carter who was the first mayor of Port Colborne.

Found on Google Map:

Comments

No comments posted yet!


Leave a comment:

       
Click on any date to view events


Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
   


LifeTree Cafe
Movie Nights at Old Fort Erie
Ghost Tours at Fort George
Health Niagara Summer Camp
Wild Magic Show - Starring Greg Frewin
Copyrights reserved © Shop Niagara 2017.