Border Crossing

Vineland Public School



Vineland Public School
Vineland Public School

Contact At:

4057 Victoria Avenue N
Vineland
ON,
L0R 2C0,Canada

  905 526 5211




Vineland Public School:

In 1800, a log schoolhouse was erected on the Jacob Moyer property near the present First Mennonite Church on King Street.  Built by immigrants from Bucks Country, Pennsylvania, the school was also used for church purposes.

A second school was built some years later on the town line about .4 kilometers south of King Street in Clinton Township.  This school was honoured by a visit from Egerton Ryerson, the founder of Ontario’s School system. In 1895, the current site was purchased and our school was built.  The first teacher, Frank Moffat, held the position for 4 years.

 At the annual meeting of 1897, a motion was made to prohibit cows on the school grounds and to provide entertainment to pay for the newly acquired school bell.  This bell still can be seen atop what is now our Junior/Senior Kindergarten classroom.

 In 1908, additional property to the south of the school was purchased for the school garden.

Additions were made to the school in 1910, 1922, 1953, 1955 and 1968.  You can see pictures of the early school in the main office hallway.

Found on Google Map:

Comments

No comments posted yet!


Leave a comment:

       
Click on any date to view events


Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
   


LifeTree Cafe
Movie Nights at Old Fort Erie
Ghost Tours at Fort George
Health Niagara Summer Camp
Wild Magic Show - Starring Greg Frewin
Copyrights reserved © Shop Niagara 2017.